Department of Geography & Regional Planning
The Department offers graduate courses leading to the award of post-graduate degree in:
M.A (Geography and Regional Planning)
All postgraduate students would have to write a thesis/dissertation under the supervision of an academic advisor.
The main aim of the postgraduate programmes in Geography and Regional Planning is to provide students with the necessary tools to think critically and function independently in a globally competitive world.
The specific objectives are to:
- Empower students to develop affinity for and understanding of the increasing global inter-dependence of peoples and cultures;
- Develop in students skills and attitudes that will enable them participate in solving the problems of their communities, countries and the world at large;
- Enable students adapt to knowledge gained in decision-making roles in society which require local, national and international perspectives and competence;
- Enable students achieve personal and professional growth within geographic education; and
- Enable students to acquire skills and perspectives for life-long learning.
The programme targets various strands of people: young academics wishing to enhance their knowledge; professionals working in the civil/public services as well as with non-governmental organisations (NGOs); and managers of utilities and services.