This programme seeks to:
- develope in the student skills that will enable him/her solve problems of his/her mother environment through the application of research in theatre and film aesthetics.
- develope in the students the creative ability in theatre and film arts.
- promote the development of a contemporary film graduate relevant to the developmental agenda of the country and consistent with the trends of human resource development globally.
- the use of the powerful media of film to inform, entertain and educate, to effect desired social, cultural, environmental, political and economic development of the people of the nation and beyond.
- provide the media to effect behavioural change in target audiences.
- develop film and theatre talents for the advancement of the theatre and film industries in Ghana.