The overall goal of the BSc. (Agro-Processing) Programme at the University of Cape Coast is to improve the role of agriculture in industrialization and economic development by training students to become professionals in agricultural produce processing. The students will be offered the knowledge and skills required for the conversion of plant and agricultural-based resources for the production of bio-based products such as food, feed, fibre, energy and chemicals. The specific objectives are to provide students with the knowledge and skills that will enable them to:
- improve the manufacturing processes of a variety of biological and agricultural products,
- develop new food products and packaging,
- ensure food safety and quality,
- become entrepreneurs to establish and manage the agro-processing industry,
- do scientific research and inform policies to support the agro-industrial sector.