Admission Requirements :
A. Post-Senior Secondary School Candidates
Holders of Senior Secondary School Certificate are admitted into the four-year Bachelor’s programme.
Basic Entry Requirements:
- Candidates must have passes in six (6) subjects with overall aggregate of twenty (20).
- Three of the six subjects must be core subjects (including English Language, Integrated Science and Mathematics) and the other three must be in relevant elective subjects.
- In addition to the above, candidates must satisfy Faculty requirements as indicated below:
- Candidates must obtain passes in Core English, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science.
- Candidates must also have passes in three (3) elective subjects under Accounting option subjects. Accounting plus any two (2) of the following subjects: Introduction to Business Management, Business Mathematics and Principles of Costing, Economics and Elective Mathematics.
B. Advanced Level Applicants
Holders of General Certificate of Education “Advanced Level” are admitted into the four year Bachelor’s programme.
Basic Entry Requirements:
- Candidates must have passes in at least five (5) subjects at the GCE ordinary level with credit passes in English Language and Mathematics and at least three (3) passes at the Advanced Level, two (2) of which must be at grades not lower than ‘D’ in the following subjects: Accounting, Business Management, Economics, Mathematics/Statistics.
- Candidates with part of Professional Accountancy Certificates with a minimum of Part 1 or Foundation Stage of the Institute of Chartered Accountants (Ghana), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, Association of Certified Chartered Accountants may be considered for admission.
- Any certificate that the University of Cape Coast certifies to be equivalent to GCE ‘A’ Levels.
C. Mature Candidates
The University offers admission to Mature Candidates to pursue undergraduate programmes for four years.
(a) Minimum entry requirements
- Applicant should be at least 30 years old by 31st December preceding the year of admission
- Photocopy of original birth certificate.
- Relevant professional/Academic qualifications.
(b) An Entrance Examination
- General Paper (for all candidates)
- Special Papers in the relevant subjects (Management, Accounting and Economics)
- Papers in Mathematics and / English Language for candidates who do not have G.C.E. ‘O’ Level or SSSCE credit passes in these subjects.
Candidates who pass the entrance examination would be ranked and those who fall within the approved quota will be invited for interview.
D. Post-Diploma Applicants
Holders of Higher National Diploma in Business are admitted to pursue two-year post diploma degree programme
HND (Accountancy) with a minimum of Second Class Upper or better
The following documents should be submitted together with Application Forms.
- A certified academic transcript showing semester by semester GPA and FCGPA.
- A certified copy each of NAPTEX Certificate and Result Slip.
- Copies of certificates.