The current structure of the Bachelor of Education (Health, Physical Education and Recreation) degree was reviewed and started in 2008/2009 academic year. The programme diversified the options to make graduates more versatile in the job market. The current review is a reorganization of courses to conform to a policy of the faculty of education to set aside the first semester of the 4th year for teaching practice.
The goals of the undergraduate programme are to provide opportunity for students to
- major in two disciplines.
- have greater field experience in teaching and school management activities.
Objectives are to
- equip students with knowledge, skills and attitudes that will enable them perform effectively as individuals, employees of organizations and responsible citizens.
- equip students with requisite skills that will enable them develop competencies in specialized areas in Health, Physical Education and Leisure for both teaching and non-teaching employment.
- lay the foundation for further education and career development in Health Education, Physical Education, or Leisure Education and their related occupations.