Department of Health, Physical Education and Recreation
Why study this programme:
The programme is designed for the following categories of persons:
- Staff of the Department of HPER of UCC.
- Staff of relevant Departments in tertiary institutions.
- Tutors in the training institutions of the Ministry of Health.
- Public health workers of the Ghana Health Service.
- Persons aspiring for teaching jobs in tertiary institutions.
- Persons aspiring for positions in health research institutions
Master’s degree (with thesis) in a health related discipline.
- Conduct comprehensive health needs assessment.
- Translate theory and research knowledge into health promotion interventions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate health promotion programmes in various settings.
- Conduct original research on the identification of the determinants of health.
- Advocate for health interventions in vulnerable groups.
Doctor of Philosophy
Modes of Study: