Degree Type:Master of NursingDepartment of Adult Nursing
Programme Duration:2 years (Standard Entry)4 years (Standard Entry)
Modes of Study:Regular
By the end of the programme, the student should be able to:
- take up leadership roles in nursing and health care delivery in general.
- demonstrate high levels of intellectual and analytical competencies to function effectively in nursing education.
- develop advanced clinical nurse practitioners who will be able to deliver evidence based nursing care
- acquire requisite foundation to undertake doctoral degree programmes.
- work within complex organizational and political systems at local, national and international levels.
- acquire advanced knowledge and practical skills and attitudes in nursing administration to enable them recognize the total health needs of individuals, families and communities.
- exhibit administrative and leadership skills in managing health care units within the framework of the national health policy.
- To qualify for admission an applicant:
- Must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing OR its equivalent in a related field (e.g. B. ED Health Sciences Education) with at least Second Class Lower Division from a recognized institution.
- Should be a registered nurse in good standing with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Ghana (NMC) or an equivalent approved by the NMC.
- Must pass a selection interview.