The Centre for International Education (CIE), University of Cape Coast, was established to promote, support and co-ordinate all facets of international education activities in the University. These activities include international students and staff exchanges, research collaborations and publications, and information sharing, all aimed at enhancing the international image of the University.
Over the years, the Centre had fostered links with institutions of higher learning from the USA, China, UK, Sweden, Germany, Liberia, Nigeria and Senegal, among others.
The Centre offers specialized support services for inbound and outbound exchange students and staff on issues including, but not exclusive to, orientation, admission, enrollment, accommodation, pastoral care, pre-departure briefings and post-return debriefings for inbound and outbound exchange students and staff.
- Manages all matters and programmes relating to international education.
- Serves as an advisory unit to all academic departments on exchanges and collaborations.
- Serves as a service provider on campus to all international and visiting students, faculty members and staff.
- Is responsible for the development of Memorandum of Understanding or partnership agreements with institutions in and outside Ghana.
- Facilitates the exchange of staff, faculty and students of partner institutions and vice-versa.
- Organizes international workshops, seminars and conferences.
The Centre for International Education (CIE), University of Cape Coast, was established in 1994 under a USAID-sponsored five-year programme to promote, support and co-ordinate all facets of international education activities in the University
To promote meaningful international experiences for members of the University community through the establishment of international linkages and partnerships in the areas of international students’ recruitment, staff/faculty and student exchanges, research collaborations and information sharing.
To position the University of Cape Coast as the globally preferred University that provides international education for staff/faculty and students.
To fulfil the above-mentioned vision and mission, the following core values will guide the activities of the Centre:
- Excellence in fostering international linkages and partnerships.
- Ethical and Responsible Behaviour in acting honestly and responsibly.
- Equality of access in providing equal opportunity to all by promoting a spirit of fairness, trustworthiness, respect, and teamwork among our staff/faculty, students, and partner institutions.
- Creativity in improving the quality and efficiency of services for international students.
Download the strategic plan file