UNIVERSITY OF CAPE COAST
OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR
Advertisement for Appointment of a Webmaster
The University of Cape Coast invites applications from suitably qualified and competent professionals for the post of Webmaster.
Qualified applicant will be directly responsible to the Director of ICT Services but ultimately to the Vice Chancellor through the Registrar.
Candidates seeking appointment to this position Must:
· possess M.Sc./M.Phil. degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (Computer, Telecommunications, Electrical/Electronics, etc.), Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering or other analogous qualification
· Have one (1) year post qualification experience
· Possess a first degree in any of the above-mentioned areas with professional certification in areas such as Microsoft Chartered Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Microsoft Chartered Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Chartered Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), or Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
· Have four (4) years post qualification experience
· Have a working knowledge of web-based programming languages preferably PhP or C++ and Linux operating systems
· Have Knowledge of website management tools such as Drupal, Web Press, etc.
· Have Knowledge of IT security
· Have good collaboration skills
· Be reliable and detail-oriented
In all cases, the applicant must have two (2) referee’s reports in support of his/her application
· Maintain the website for Colleges, Faculties/Schools and Departments and Directorates and other sections
· Ensure the web servers, hardware and software are operating accurately and efficiently
· Design websites, generate and revise web pages
· Examine and analyse site traffic
· Configure web servers such as Apache and serve as the server administrator
· Regulate and manage access rights of different users on the University website
· Create and modify the appearance and setting of the website
· Lay out content on web pages
· Deal with and respond to heavy volumes of email
· Decide what of kind of computer will hold the website’s information
· Test websites to see if there are any parts that are difficult to use
· Meet regularly with designers to agree on site’s design
· Fix links that don’t work and pictures that aren’t appearing properly
· Decide how site’s content will be delivered to the internet
· Keep files small so sites load faster
· Test different browsers and ensure people with different computers can access the website
· Any other additional responsibilities which will be communicated to you by your Director through your head
Mode of Application
Suitably qualified applicants should apply to the Registrar through the Directorate of Human Resource, University of Cape Coast.
All completed application letters together with relevant supporting documents and Curricula Vitae should be submitted to the Registrar through the Directorate of Human Resource, University of Cape Coast not later than 30th November, 2021.