ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE POSITION OF TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER OFFICER
The University of Cape Coast invites applications from suitably qualified and competent professionals for the post of Technology Transfer Officer (TTO).
Successful applicant will be directly responsible to the Director, Directorate of Research, Innovation and Consultancy (DRIC) but ultimately to the Vice Chancellor through the Registrar.
Candidates seeking appointment to this position Must:
· Possess a PhD in Intellectual Property and/or related discipline.
· Possess a Master’s degree in Science, Law, Management, Social Sciences or related field with not less than three years working experience in research, intellectual property and technology transfer.
· Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
· Research skills with entrepreneurial mind-set
· Strong negotiation skills,
· Knowledge about the legal and contractual issues in IP administration.
· Business experience and acumen.
· Create and maintain database on all inventions and creations of staff and students of the University.
· Planning, organising, evaluation and valuation of the IP portfolio of the University.
· Serve as the first point-of-contact and source of information on the University IP portfolio, technology transfer and related matters for all external and internal stakeholders and partners.
· Facilitate the appointment and functioning of Departmental/Faculty/College IP representatives.
· Liaise with the Directorate of Consular and General Services to represent the interest of the University in the enforcement of the IP rights of students and staff.
· Serve on, and provide administrative and professional support to the IP Technical Committee to implement the mandate of the TTO in accordance with University IP Policy and Strategies.
· Work with the University Business Incubator, the Design Thinking and Innovation Hub (D-HUB) and related units to facilitate spin-off activities from various departments of the University.
· Plan and implement training on IP, commercialisation of research outputs and related matters to the student and staff.
· Lead the review and update of the University IP Policies, Strategies and procedures.
· Supervise supporting staff to achieve key deliverables in the TTO.
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Directorate from time to time.
Mode of Application
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should please submit completed application forms (obtainable from the DHR or from the University website: www.ucc.edu.gh) and comprehensive curriculum vitae, together with relevant supporting documents to:
University of Cape Coast
· Applicants should request three (3) referees to submit written reports on them directly to the above address.
· The closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday, 31st March, 2023.