The University of Cape Coast invites applications from suitably qualified and competent professionals to fill the position of Head of the University Transport Section which will become vacant on 1st August, 2019. He/she will be directly responsible to the Registrar through the Director, Directorate of Legal, Consular, and General Service (DLCGS) but ultimately to the Vice Chancellor.
Candidates seeking appointment to this position must:
- possess Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (Auto) or an equivalent professional qualification
- have a minimum of two years post qualification experience preferably in an analogous institution
- professional certificate in Transport and Logistics Management will be an advantage
- has managed university/analogous institution Transport Section for at least five years
- be able to demonstrate adequate working knowledge of the University system
- Membership of relevant Associations will be an added advantage.
- Management of the entire Transport Section
- Oversees the work of the mechanics/drivers and ensure monthly repairs
- Draws up plans for routine maintenance of vehicles and recommends for procurement of essential spare parts and vehicle accessories
- Receives and handles transport requests from all departments/schools/faculties of the University
- Draws up charts/programmes for all transport requests
- Schedules vehicles and drivers for official assignments
- Manages drivers’ leave and makes alternative arrangements in the event that a driver is relieved or on assignment outside
- Plans for renewal of documents of all University vehicles
- Sources for additional transport for field trips and clinicals where necessary
- Analyzes log books and fuel utilization of vehicles and produce relevant reports for management decision
- Organize vehicle checks
- Assists in the formulation of transport policy
- Performs any other duties related to transport management assigned by University management from time to time
Mode of Application
Application forms are obtainable from the Senior Members Section, Directorate of Human Resource,University Cape Coast. The form (Senior Members Application Form - Non Teaching) could also be downloaded from the University’s website at https://www.ucc.edu.gh/forms
All completed application forms together with relevant supporting documents and Curriculum Vitae should be submitted to the Registrar, University of Cape Coast not later than Wednesday, 15th May, 2019.