APPOINTMENT OF PROVOST
The University of Cape Coast invites applications from experienced, results-oriented and highly motivated individuals for the position of Provost for the College of Health and Allied Sciences which will become vacant on 1st August, 2023.
The Provost is the Academic and Administrative Head of the College and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for providing leadership to the College and maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good order of the College in accordance with policies and procedures prescribed by the University of Cape Coast Law, 1992 (PNDCL 278), the Statutes and/or as may be determined from time to time by the University Council, the Academic Board and the College Board.
Qualification and Experience
Applicants must be internationally acclaimed scholars of professorial status. They must be individuals of stature and integrity with strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills, capable of executing the responsibilities outlined above. They must also possess a terminal degree (PhD) in a relevant discipline with over ten (10) years working experience in a reputable university or related academic institution.
Applicants must also show evidence of the following qualities:
- demonstrated capacity to manage a College and to foster and promote good internal and external relations
- proven ability to provide strong and visionary leadership and innovation, and to project a College locally and internationally through research, graduate output and extension
- proven ability to raise funds to support the activities of a college
Tenure of Office
A Provost shall hold office for a period of three years and shall be eligible, upon completion, for reappointment for second consecutive term only. Applicants should be able to complete a term of three years before reaching the retirement age of sixty (60) years.
Conditions of Service
Salary and fringe benefits attached to the position are attractive.
Mode of Application & Closing Date
- Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should please submit their applications and comprehensive curriculum vitae, together with relevant supporting documents and a Three-Page Vision Statement to:
University of Cape Coast
- Applicants should request three (3) referees to submit reports on them directly to the above address
- The closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday, 5th May, 2023.
Application forms are obtainable from the Senior Members Section, Directorate of Human Resource, University of Cape Coast. The forms could also be downloaded from the University’s website: www.ucc.edu.gh