The Ghana Journal of Education: Issues and Practice is an official journal of the College of Education Studies, University of Cape Coast. This peer reviewed journal aims to provide a credible platform for educational researchers to share their research and other scholarly works. The journal is dedicated to research studies on education in Ghana and other African countries. Research studies on issues and practice in education conducted in contexts other than Africa or Ghana should provide relevance of the study to the Ghanaian or African context. The journal publishes original research, review of scholarly concepts and papers in diverse areas of education including, innovative and best practices in teaching and learning across the curriculum in diverse settings, assessment and evaluation issues, analysis of educational policies and their implementation, and developmental and sustainability issues in education. The journal is published in print once a year in December.
Interested persons are invited to submit scholarly manuscripts/ articles/papers for consideration and publication in the journal. Authors should refer to the guidelines below and adhere to them.
Submission of Manuscripts
- Articles/ papers/manuscripts should be submitted in English.
- Manuscripts are accepted for consideration with the understanding that they are original material and are not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- A separate title page must be provided to enhance peer review. The title must include the title of paper, names of all authors, their affiliation, mail address, email address, phone and fax numbers. An asterisk should be placed against the name of the corresponding author.
- Manuscripts containing the title of the paper should be saved as both Word and PDF files and sent to the Editor-in-Chief via the email address: email@example.com. The author(s) name(s) should not appear anywhere in the manuscript. The author(s) should use “author(s)” any time he/she/they cite(s) his/her work in the manuscript.
- Length of Abstract: An abstract of not more than 200 words must accompany the article.
- Key words: four to six keywords must be stated. These should be separated by a semicolon.
- Length of manuscripts: The length of the manuscripts should –not be more than 12 000 words
- Font size and line spacing: The manuscripts should be double spaced and of Times New Roman font size of 12 on A4 sheet with margins of 4.0 centimetres on the left and 2.5centimeters on the right, top and bottom.
- Authors are responsible for all statements made in their work and for obtaining permission from copyright owners to reprint or adapt tables or figures or to print a quotation of 500 words or more.
- Language, in text references, format and symbols / letters /equation/ transcriptions and references must conform to the style of the publication manual of the American Psychological Association 6th Edition.
- The structure of a typical empirical study should include Background to the study, which entails the statement of the problem being investigated. Normally, the background should summarize relevant research to provide context, and explain what other authors' findings, if any, are being challenged or extended. Purpose of the study, Research Question(s)/Hypotheses, Methodology, Results, Discussion, Conclusion and Recommendation/Implication. Acknowledgement may be included for funded projects.
- All manuscripts received will be acknowledged promptly. Feedback on manuscript from reviewers will be communicated to the corresponding author.
- Rolling deadline for submission: Manuscripts are welcome throughout the year.
On acceptance of manuscript for publication Ghanaian authors will be asked to pay a publication fee of GH₵150 while foreign authors pay $100. Authors will be given a copy of the journal in which their articles are published.
For further information/ clarification, please contact the Editor –in-Chief:
Prof. Ernest Kofi Davis
Institute of Education
School of Educational Development and Outreach
College of Education Studies
University of Cape Coast
Telephone: +233 (03321) 36925
Mobile: +233 248 155 451