Provosts of Colleges
Dean of School/Faculty
Directors of Institute/Centre
Heads of Department/Unit
Office of the Registrar
VICE-CHANCELLOR’S ANNUAL REPORT TO THE 49TH CONGREGATION
The Vice-Chancellor’s Annual Report to the 49th Congregation would be published as required by the University Statutes.
In view of this, kindly submit a well edited write-up (hard and soft copies) of your activities undertaken within the 2015/2016 academic year (August 2015–May 2016) to the Junior Assistant Registrar, Documentation and Information Section (DIS) for inclusion in the report on or before Tuesday, May 31, 2016.
The write-ups should contain details for the 2015/2016 (August 2015–May 2016) academic year only. Duplication of details from 2014/2015 academic year (August 2014-May 2015) or earlier WILL NOT be included in the report.
For ease of reference, we publish below the format for the presentation of the write-ups:
Format for Presentation
1. A description of research focus, course, teaching, student enrollment, staffing position and developments in the College/Faculty/School/Department during the 2015/2016 academic year.
2. List of Senior Members, Qualifications, Designations and Area(s) of Specialisation.
3. Research Activities/Interests of Senior Members, Conferences/Workshops/ Seminars, Outreach Programmes and Publications
i. Research Activities/Interests of Senior Members in the Department/Centre/Unit carried out during the 2015/2016 academic year.
ii. Publications of Senior Members in the Department/Institute /Centre/Unit, eg. books, articles, etc, indicating publishers, place and year of publication. In the case of articles, the name of journal, volume and number in which the article appeared as well as the date and page(s) should be provided. Publications listed should have been undertaken during the 2015/2016 academic year only.
Conferences/Workshops/Seminars attended by Senior Members in the Department/Institute/Centre/Unit during the 2015/2016 academic year only, indicating title of any paper read, date and venue.
Research Grants and other Awards/Prizes won by Senior Members for the period under review (2015/2016 academic year).
4. Staff development
i. Scholarship awarded to Senior Members for further studies (e.g. Ph.D.)
ii. Capacity building training and workshops for Senior Members.
5. Students Support Services (Academic Departments only)
ii. Job Search and placement services
iii. Staff and Student engagements
6. Physical Structures and Virtual Infrastructure
i. Physical structures put up or refurbished
ii. ICT infrastructure and equipment
7. International Partnerships and Industry Linkages
i. Higher education exchange programmes and collaboration with international institutions
ii. Collaborations with industry
8. Academic Programmes (Academic Departments only)
i. New Courses introduced
9. Future plans
Thank you for the anticipated quick response.
Ms. Angela A. S. Ofori
Junior Assistant Registrar