OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR
COLLEGE OF EDUCATION STUDIES
FACULTY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION
DEPARTMENT OF MATHS & ICT EDUCATION
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the following positions in the Department of Mathematics and ICT Education under the Faculty of Science and Technology
Education, University of Cape Coast.
b. Senior Lecturer
c. Associate Professor
The preferred candidate must:
• Have a B.Ed/BSc in Mathematics Education Sciences and a PhD in Mathematics Education from a reputable University;
• Demonstrate capacity to establish and lead a vibrant research team to win grants for cutting-edge research.
• Demonstrate capacity to develop national and international collaborations to support graduate level research and teaching across disciplines.
• Exhibit capacity to work in a team and promote the development of Mathematics Education through grantsmanship and cutting-edge research. They will be required to participate in all departmental activities at all times.
• University teaching experience and research would be an added advantage
b. SENIOR LECTURER
For the position of Senior Lecturer, the candidate should have at least 5 years of relevant experience as Lecturer and should have published at least 5 papers in reputable journals. In either case of Lecturer or Senior Lecturer, preferred candidates should not exceed 45 years of age by August 1, 2020.
c. ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
Candidates seeking appointments as Associate Professors should have at least 8 years of relevant experience in a University or analogous institution and should have published at least 12 articles in reputable peer reviewed journals. They should have demonstrated experience in winning research grants and proven record of student supervision at the PhD level. Suitably qualified persons should be well cited by their peers in the international community and should be very visible.
Candidates seeking appointments as Professors should have at least 12 years of relevant experience in a University or analogous institution and should have published at least 20 articles in reputable peer reviewed journals. They should have demonstrated experience in winning research grants and proven record of student supervision at the PhD level. Suitably qualified persons should be well cited by their peers in the international community and should be very visible.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should please submit completed application forms (obtainable from the University website: Senior Members Application Form - Teaching or Office of the Director, Directorate of Human Resource, University of Cape Coast and comprehensive curriculum vitae, together with relevant supporting documents to:
University of Cape Coast
Closing Date for Submission of Application: Tuesday, 30th June, 2020