Degree Type:Master of Arts
Department:Department of Health, Physical Education and Recreation
Modes of Study:Regular Sandwich
The following categories of personnel, or those aspiring for such positions, will find this programme useful:
- Personnel of NGOs in health related activities
- Corporate and private fitness management personnel
- Public and community health service providers
- Professionals in sports administration and management positions
Candidates apply for the MA (Health Education) programme should meet one of the following requirements:
- A good first degree in a health or physical education related field and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a health or physical education related job.
- A good first degree, but not in a health or physical education related discipline, and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a health related job.
The goals of the Sandwich MA (Health Education) programme are to:
- Produce highly qualified, competent and confident health, physical education personnel outside the Ghana Education Service.
- Provide opportunity for specialization in aspects of health and physical education, such as community health education, corporate fitness management, health promotion and sports administration with special relevance to the manpower needs of Ghana.
- Provide customer friendly postgraduate programmes that are convenient for practicing professionals.
- Provide postgraduate education tailored to the specific needs of organizations that provide health, physical education and sports services.
- Provide quality postgraduate programmes with a high turnout rate.
- Generate income to expand and improve upon services provided by the department.