The goals of the MPhil programme (Health Education) are to:
1. Produce high level health educators, health promotion specialists, and health programme specialists with advanced professional skills, competencies and sound mental attitudes in the fields of health education and promotion.
2. Make the programme structure more flexible.
The specific objectives of the MPhil (Health Education) programme are to:
1. Produce highly qualified, competent and confident health education personnel for educational institutions and the general public.
2. Provide opportunity to improve training in techniques for those who envisage careers in research and teaching beyond the first degree level.
3. Provide opportunity for specialization in aspects of health education, such as school health education, community health education, and health promotion with special relevance to the manpower needs of Ghana.
4. Lay the foundation for doctoral degrees in Health, Physical Education and Sport and allied disciplines.
1. Holders of a good B.Ed degree from any recognized university, and should have taught for not less than two (2) years after completion of their degree programmes.
2. Holders of a good B.A or B.Sc degree must, in addition, hold a Postgraduate Diploma in Education(PGDE) or Postgraduate Certificate in Education(PGCE) from the University of Cape Coast or any recognized university and must have taught for not less than two(2) years after completion of their degree programme.
3. Applicants for MPhil in Educational Planning who have knowledge in Economics at the first degree level in addition to (1) and (2) above, will have an advantage.
4. MPhil in Administration in Higher Education: In addition to requirements under (1) and (2) above, applicants who have worked as administrators in Higher Educational Institutions for not less than two years will have an advantage.
5. Candidates would have to pass a selection interview.