Degree Type:Master of Science
Department:Department of Science Education
2 years (Standard Entry)
Modes of Study:Sandwich
Application to the postgraduate programme should either be:
holders of B.Ed. (Science Education) with preferably second class lower division or higher from a recognized University or institution.
holders of B.Sc. (Hons) in a relevant science programme and a Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE).
holders of Bachelor of Basic Education Science Option with preferably second class lower from a recognised University or Institution.
Goal / Aim / Objectives:
The specific objectives of the programme are to produce master/doctoral degree holders who are capable of:
- meeting high caliber manpower needs in science education for Ghana,
- training personnel who will contribute significantly to national and international advancement of science education,
- becoming high caliber professionals and lecturers for tertiary institutions,
- conducting research into the teaching and learning of science, problems and issues related to science education curriculum at all levels of the educational system,
- providing direct services as employees or consultants to the ministry of education, Ghana education service and other stakeholders,
- providing leadership in the continuous improvement of the science curriculum and supervision of the delivery of the curriculum at all levels of the educational system,
Courses offered at the undergraduate and post-graduate levels enable graduates to be high calibre educationists capable of using contemporary approaches and technologies to facilitate the teaching and learning process at all levels of the educational system. Products from the Department are well equipped to take leadership roles in the educational system as well as lead and conduct research in all issues related to Science Education.