The University of Cape Coast invites applications from experienced, results-oriented and highly motivated individuals for the position of Head for University Junior High School (UJHS) which will become vacant on 1st August, 2023.
The School Head is the Academic and Administrative head of the school. He/she is directly responsible to the Registrar but ultimately to the Vice Chancellor.
Candidates seeking appointment to this position must:
- possess M. Phil in Education/Teaching discipline;
- have a minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience in teaching, educational administration and/or Guidance and Counseling;
- be of the rank of Chief Teacher in the University; and
- be able to demonstrate adequate working knowledge of the University system.
The School Head shall:
- liaise between the School and the University through the Director, Directorate of Consular and General Services and /or the School Governing Committee;
- promote and safeguard welfare of pupils and staff;
- ensure improvement in teaching, learning and curriculum development;
- ensure the achievement of excellent academic standards;
- provide direction to promote infrastructural development and maintenance;
- promote school discipline;
- be the custodian of all accounting records and other assets of the school; and
- supervise and appraise teaching and non-teaching staff in the school.
Mode of Application
Application forms are obtainable from the Senior Members Section, Directorate of Human Resource, University of Cape Coast. The forms could be downloaded from the University’s website: www.ucc.edu.gh
All completed application forms together with relevant supporting documents and Curriculum Vitae should be submitted to the Registrar, University of Cape Coast not later than 15th June 2023.