As an institutional policy, the University does not accept requests to change or amend names or other records/particulars of students.

For University record purposes, students shall be known only by the names used in completing their application for admission and in the sequence in which they are written. Once a student has, on his/her results slip, he/she goes through the programme of study with that name

Female students who contract marriages while in the University may however apply to have their name changed to include the surname acquired by the marriage. The application for change of name under such circumstance shall be supported by a marriage certificate or requisite documentary evidence.

Students should note that applications for change of name which should be addressed to the Director, Directorate of Academic Affairs, would take a few weeks to process and that the new name(s) cannot be used until notification to that effect has been received from the Office of the Director (Academic Affairs).